We must acknowledge our new Buffalo health center is located in the same neighborhood as the Tops Friendly Market where a domestic terrorist murdered 10 Black individuals on May 14, 2022. Opening this new health center reaffirms our commitment to serving this community in Buffalo. We are continuing to work to strengthen security in this location and throughout all our health center locations. This shooting hits very close to home. Many of our staff members and patients were directly impacted by this racist, murderous rampage. We have been working to support our staff who were affected by this tragedy while gathering resources to support the Buffalo community in its time of crisis.
Here are some ways you can help the Buffalo community:
- Volunteer at Buffalo Community Fridge at 257 East Ferry Street to help organize, hand out donated items, and support the community. Anyone is welcome to stop by and volunteer when able. BCF is no longer accepting financial donations but is still accepting donations of food.
- Donate to Black Love Resists in the Rust, who are organizing on the ground in Buffalo to fight white supremacy and anti-Black racism. BLRR also offers food relief and mental health counseling to their communities.
- Donate to Every Bottom Covered, a Buffalo-based diaper bank.
- Donate to FeedMore WNY. Food donations can be dropped off at 91 Holt Street, Buffalo, from M-F 8am-4pm, and Saturdays from 8am-noon.
- Donate to Feed Buffalo, a black woman-led organization that creates access to healthy food in a judgement-free space.
- Donate to VOICE Buffalo, a Buffalo organization that works to faithfully bring forth social justice and equity in our region through organized, collective action.
- Donate to Rooted In Love. Food and hygiene product donations can be dropped off at 670 Riley Street, Buffalo.