Our Mission Statement
PPSP believes that every child should be a wanted child. Then women and men can achieve the self-determination that makes families and societies strong. It is therefore PPSP's mission to protect and enhance reproductive freedom, to increase access to reproductive health services and information, and to promote sexual health.
Planned Parenthood Southeastern Pennsylvania is composed of a diverse team of pro-choice women and men who provide high-quality sexual health care, offer expert sexuality education, and promote effective advocacy to protect our right to reproductive choice.
The personal, affordable medical services provided at our Health Centers include:
- Birth control and emergency contraception ("the morning-after pill")
- Walk-in pregnancy testing
- Testing and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs/STIs), including confidential HIVtesting, for men and women
- Gynecological exams, including PAP tests
- Breast exams and self-exam instructions
- Pregnancy options counseling and referrals
- First trimester and early second trimester abortions (IV sedation available)
- Medication abortions (the "abortion pill")
- Mid-life services for menopausal women
- Colposcopy, cryotherapy, and LEEP
- Outpatient female sterilization (Essure)
Our Education programs include:
- Achieving Independence Center: services for youth in the foster care system of Philadelphia
- Health Resource Center: supportive services and safer sex supplies at Philadelphia high schools
- Latinas Unidas- a bicultural after-school program for Latinas in southern Chester county
- The Sexuality Program for the Deaf - an HIV prevention education program provided primarily to the students at the Pennsylvania School for the Deaf
- The SPOT- education, advocacy, and recreation for LGBTQA youth in West Chester
- Teen Success: support for pregnant and parenting teens in Norristown
- Youth First: a program for 6th and 8th graders in Philadelphia public schools
We shape public policy at the local, state, and federal levels by:
- Providing up-to-date information about legislation;
- Meeting with public officials about reproductive health issues;
- Mobilizing supporters to take action to protect reproductive rights;
- Hosting community eventsand advocacy trainings;
- Communicating our message in the media; and
- Working with coalition partners.
Planned Parenthood Southeastern Pennsylvania (PPSP) is an affiliate of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA). PPSP serves Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania.