Safer Sex ("Safe Sex") at a Glance
- Reduces our risk of getting a sexually transmitted disease (STD)
- Using condoms makes vaginal or anal intercourse safer sex
- Using condoms or other barriers makes oral sex safer sex
- Having sex play without intercourse can be even safer sex
- Safer sex can be very pleasurable and exciting
We all care about protecting ourselves and the ones we love. For sexually active people that means practicing safer sex. We can use it to reduce our risk of getting sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). It lets us protect ourselves — and our partners — while we enjoy sex play with them. Safer sex is for responsible people who care about their and their partners' pleasure and health.