If you are 18 weeks pregnant or greater, be prepared to stay overnight and/or multiple days in Illinois.
If you would like the highest level of sedation (deep), you can have clear liquids (tea, soda, jell-o) until 2 hours before your appointment. Please refrain from solid food and milk products 6 hours before your appointment.
- If you take aspirin because of a heart condition, the nurse will advise you on when you should discontinue, otherwise please use alternative methods of pain control until your procedure is complete.
- Please take your routine medications on the day of your procedure unless our nurses tell you otherwise.
- Refrain from using medications and other substances not recommended by a health care provider or alcohol 24 hours before your visit.
Driving & guests
- If you are planning on sedation for your procedure, it is best to have someone with you to drive you home.
- You can bring a support person to accompany you during your procedure. Your support person must be free from COVID symptoms or diagnosis and will be asked to follow the same in-clinic policies as patients.
- In the time of this pandemic, and to ensure your safety and the safety of our staff, the support person policies may change at any time.
If you have a photo ID, please bring that with you. If you do not have a photo ID, you can still come, but please alert our team.
Payment is expected at time of service (cash, credit card, no personal checks). The cardholder must be present for credit cards. The following are costs of the procedure by gestation:
- 6-11.6 weeks = $535
- 12-13.6 weeks = $650
- 14-15.6 weeks = $910
- 16-17.6 weeks = $1,120
- 18-19.6 weeks = $1,695
- 20-21.6 weeks = $2,230
- 22-23.6 weeks = $4,198
- 24-24.6 weeks = $5,830
- 25-26 weeks = $6,360
- Greater than 26 weeks = $7,420
We recommend contacting your insurance company to confirm your eligibility and benefits. Please bring your insurance card and matching photo ID.
Financial & logistical assistance
Our team can help with both financial and logistical support. To learn more, call 618-607-5080 to discuss options available to cover visit costs and travel needs.
Clothing & jewelry
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Bring 2 maxi pads & full coverage underwear.
- Make sure at least one finger is free of dark nail polish, gel polish, or artificial nails.
- Completing your pre-visit links will help expedite your visit.
- The length of your visit will increase if you are further along in pregnancy.
- A visit can take as little as 60 min or as long as several hours.
- Your visit will be customized to your unique needs. Not everyone needs the same things. The visit may include:
- Ultrasound (abdominal/tummy or vaginal)
- Labs, which may include a blood draw
- Health screenings, like blood pressure
- Opportunity to ask questions & discuss birth control options.
- If you are less than 18 weeks pregnant, you can expect your care to be completed in one day.
- If you are 18 weeks pregnant or greater, your care may be delivered over several days. The clinical team will consider your unique circumstances in determining the best course.
- After the procedure, you will spend typically between 15 and 45 min in the recovery room. If you opt for sedation in a vein, you will be required to stay a little longer while the medicine wears off.
- Please do your best to be on time. If you anticipate being late, please call the clinic and let us know.
- There will likely be protestors OUTSIDE THE ENTRY GATES. They will attempt to appear as if they work for us and try to stop you before entering the parking lot. Please DO NOT STOP for them and do not allow them to redirect you to another location or an off-site mobile unit.
- To cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call us or cancel your appointment via the website at least 24 hours in advance.
Thank you! We look forward to caring for you.
Missouri Residents Only: Although this center is located in Illinois, the State
of Missouri requires that patients from Missouri seeking abortion services
outside of Missouri be offered state-mandated materials. You can find those
materials here. Please note that you do not need to review these materials or
bring them to your appointment in Illinois.
Or call 1-800-230-7526