There are no restrictions on what you can eat the day of your visit.
- If you take aspirin because of a heart condition, the nurse will advise you on when you should discontinue, otherwise please use alternative methods of pain control until your procedure is complete.
- Please take your routine medications on the day of your visit unless our nurses tell you otherwise.
- Refrain from using medications and other substances not recommended by a health care provider the day of your visit.
Driving & guests
- You can come by yourself & drive yourself home
- You can bring a support person to accompany you during your visit. Your support person must be free from COVID symptoms or diagnosis and will be asked to follow the same in-clinic policies as patients.
- In the time of this pandemic, and to ensure your safety and the safety of our staff, the support person policies may change at any time.
If you have a photo ID, please bring that with you. If you do not have a photo ID, you can still come, but please alert our team.
Payment is expected at time of service (cash, credit card, no personal checks). The cardholder must be present for credit cards. The cost of a medication abortion is $535.
We recommend contacting your insurance company to confirm your eligibility and benefits. Please bring your insurance card and matching photo ID. Please note that most Missouri insurances will not cover procedures.
Financial & logistical assistance
Our team can help with both financial and logistical support. To learn more, call 618-607-5080 to discuss options available to cover visit costs and travel needs.
- If you live outside of Illinois, you will have to take your first medication in the clinic. Your second medication will be taken at home up to 48 hours later.
- If you live in Illinois, you can take your first medication in the clinic or at home at a time of your choice. You will take your second medication up to 48 hours later.
- We strive to complete your visit in 1 hour, but it may take up to 2 hours depending on your unique situation.
- You may qualify to complete part or all of your visit remotely, from your home or car. This is called telehealth. If you prefer this route, please call 314-531-7526 to discuss.
- Your visit will be customized to your unique needs. Not everyone needs the same things. The visit may include:
- Ultrasound (abdominal/tummy or vaginal)
- Labs, which may include a blood draw
- Health screenings, like blood pressure
- Opportunity to ask questions & discuss birth control options.
- Please do your best to be on time. If you anticipate being late, please call the clinic and let us know.
- There will likely be protestors OUTSIDE THE ENTRY GATES. They will attempt to appear as if they work for us and try to stop you before entering the parking lot. Please DO NOT STOP for them and do not allow them to redirect you to another location or an off-site mobile unit.
- To cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call us or cancel your appointment via the website at least 24 hours in advance.
Thank you! We look forward to caring for you.
Missouri Residents Only: Although this center is located in Illinois, the State
of Missouri requires that patients from Missouri seeking abortion services
outside of Missouri be offered state-mandated materials. You can find those
materials here. Please note that you do not need to review these materials or
bring them to your appointment in Illinois.
Or call 1-800-230-7526