The Affordable Care Act (ACA) at a Glance
Stressing over the possibility of getting sick or hurt will be a thing of the past. Even if you're on a budget or in the past haven’t qualified for health coverage, keep reading and you'll find out how you can get an affordable health insurance plan that’s just right for you and your family.
Starting October 1, you can enroll in new health insurance plans. With the new health care law, all Americans must get health insurance next year.
Additionally, because of Obamacare:
- Many individuals and families will be able to lower their insurance costs.
- Financial help may be available to make coverage more affordable.
- Many plans cover a full range of health services, including birth control with no co-pay, doctor visits, hospitalizations, maternity care, ER care, and prescriptions.
- Under the new health care law, you cannot be turned down for coverage because of a pre-existing condition.
- Help will be available online, by phone, and in person so that you can find the right insurance plan for you and your family.
Planned Parenthood of Southern New England (PPSNE) provides high-quality, nonjudgmental, confidential health care to women, men and teens across Connecticut and Rhode Island. We're here for you every step of the way. We'll keep you updated on how the Affordable Care Act can benefit you, and help you find the information you need to make the right choices for you and your family.
Learn more by reviewing the frequently asked questions below.