The Iowa Department of Public Health has been awarded funds from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to provide a statewide breast and cervical cancer screening program. The goal is to reduce the number of deaths from breast and cervical cancer by screening to detect cancer early, when it is more treatable.
Who is eligible?
Women between the ages of 40 and 64 who:
- Have not had a mammogram or Pap test in the past year
- Are not enrolled in Medicare Part B or Medicaid
- Have no insurance program for these services
- Meet all eligibility requirements and cannot pay the deductible or co-insurance payments
- Have a household income meeting the following guidelines:
- Annual Gross Income of $23,275 with a household of 1
- Annual Gross Income of $31,225 with a household of 2
- Annual Gross Income of $39,175 with a household of 3
- Annual Gross Income of $47,125 with a household of 4
- Annual Gross Income of $55,075 with a household of 5
Application forms can be filled out at all of our clinics. After your application is received, you will either be mailed a packet or contacted by phone to enroll, and we will assist you in setting up an appointment with a local medical provider for your FREE screening. Services at Planned Parenthood of Southeast Iowa may be available on the same day you enroll.
For more information, please contact: