Where can I get the abortion pill if I live in Wisconsin?
In Wisconsin, abortion pills must be dispensed in person by a physician. If abortion becomes illegal in Wisconsin, you will have to travel to a Planned Parenthood health center or other provider outside of Wisconsin. Some states allow providers to prescribe abortion pills via telehealth. Even if your local Planned Parenthood health center doesn't provide the abortion pills, you can contact them for more information about where you can get it.
When looking for a place to get an abortion, beware of “crisis pregnancy centers.” These fake clinics seem like medical centers that offer abortions or other pregnancy options, but they’re actually run by people who want to scare or shame people out of getting an abortion.
Depending on where you live, there may be restrictions if you’re 17 years old or younger, or waiting periods to get an abortion. You can ask about these when you call your doctor or your nearest Planned Parenthood health center.
Can I get abortion pills in the mail?
Wisconsin law does not allow providers to prescribe abortion pills through an online telehealth visit, and abortion pills cannot be mailed into Wisconsin from out-of-state.
Some Planned Parenthood health centers outside of Wisconsin are able to offer telehealth visits for the abortion pill. You would need to pick up your prescription while visiting that state or have them mailed to an address inside of that state. The best way to learn about the services available in your area is to call your nearest Planned Parenthood health center.
Below is a list of Planned Parenthood affiliates that currently offer virtual visits for the abortion pill. In order to have the pills mailed to you, you must have an address where you can receive the pills in one of the states listed below:
- Reproductive Health Services of Planned Parenthood of the St. Louis Region - (Illinois)
- Planned Parenthood Keystone - (Pennsylvania)
- Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan Washington, DC Inc. (District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia)
- Planned Parenthood of Montana (Montana)
- Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts (Massachusetts)
- Planned Parenthood South Atlantic (Virginia)
- Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains (Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado)
- Planned Parenthood Great Northwest, Hawai'i, Alaska, Indiana, Kentucky (Washington State, Hawaii)
Contact your nearest Planned Parenthood health center to see if this is an option for you.