About the Conference
EMBODY, the education and training branch of Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin, is excited to present its sixth annual education conference, Safe Healthy Strong 2017.
Safe Healthy Strong (SHS) is a regional conference intended for anyone who is working to improve the sexual and reproductive health of people in the communities they serve. It is designed to provide support and capacity-building for individuals at all levels of their professional development.
Registration now openSave $50-$100 on general registrations until January 15, 2017
Pre-conference: Tuesday March 21, 2017
Conference: Wednesday March 22 – Thursday 23, 2017
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee School of Continuing Education
161 W. Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee WI 53211
NEW THIS YEAR
Pre-conference March 21
Beyond LARCs: Addressing Contraceptive Access and Contraceptive Equity
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Main Conference March 22-23
- Health Care Provider
- Social Media and Communications
- Justice and Inclusion
- Spanish Language Workshops – presented in Spanish for Spanish-speaking health workers, promotores de salud, health care navigators and anyone else who provides Spanish-language programming
...All provided by local and national experts in the field of sexuality and sexual health!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Professionals, leaders, volunteers, and students of all experience levels who want to
- Make a difference in the sexual and reproductive health of youth, adults, elders, families, and communities in the Midwest.
- Address sexuality holistically and effectively in their communities
- Improve sexual and reproductive health outcomes
- Build skills and increase competencies
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
Find new ways to promote healthy sexuality across the lifespan through improved communication, best practices in health literacy, and innovative communication techniques.
Opportunities for Learning and Sharing include:
- Pre-conference workshop
- Introductory and advanced main conference workshops
- A reception and storytelling event on the evening of Wednesday, March 22
- Ed Talks (5 minute mini-presentations)
- Networking event
Continuing Education Credits Applied For:
- Certified Health Education Specialists / Master's Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES/MCHES)
- Social Workers (NASW)
- Physicians, Physician Assistants and Advance Practice Nurses (CME)