About the Conference
EMBODY, the education and training branch of Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin, is excited to present its fifth annual education conference, Safe Healthy Strong 2016.
Safe Healthy Strong (SHS) is a regional conference intended for anyone who is working to improve the sexual and reproductive health of people in the communities they serve. It is designed to provide support and capacity-building for individuals at all levels of their professional development.
Pre-Conference: Wednesday, March 16, 2016
Main Conference: Thursday, March 17 - Friday, March 18, 2016
UW-Milwaukee Joseph J. Zilber School of Public Health
1240 N 10th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53205
A block of rooms is reserved for SHS across the street from the conference at The Brewhouse Inn and Suites. When booking your room online or through reservations, please note that you are with the “Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin Conference” room block.
Brewhouse Inn and Suites
1215 N. 10th St.
Milwaukee, WI 53205
NEW THIS YEAR
Pre-conference March 16
Client Centered Communication and Long Acting Reversible Contraceptive Methods 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Main Conference March 17-18
- Sex Outside the City
- LGBTQ Health
- Emerging Practices in Health Communication
- Supporting Healthy Sexuality in Health Care Settings
...All provided by local and national experts in the field of sexuality and sexual health!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Professionals, leaders, volunteers, and students of all experience levels who want to
- Make a difference in the sexual and reproductive health of youth, adults, elders, families, and communities in the Midwest.
- Address sexuality holistically and effectively in their communities
- Improve sexual and reproductive health outcomes
- Build skills and increase competencies
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
Find new ways to promote healthy sexuality across the lifespan through improved communication, best practices in health literacy, and innovative communication techniques.
Opportunities for Learning and Sharing include:
- Pre-conference workshop
- Introductory and advanced main conference workshops
- A reception and storytelling event on the evening of Wednesday, March 16
- Ed Talks (5 minute mini-presentations)
- Networking event
Continuing Education Credits Applied For:
- Certified Health Education Specialists / Master’s Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES/MCHES)
- Social Workers (NASW)
- Nurses (WNA)
- Physicians, Physician Assistants and Advance Practice Nurses (CME)