About the Conference
Safe Healthy Strong (SHS) is a regional conference intended for anyone who is working to improve the sexual and reproductive health of people in the communities they serve. It is designed to provide support and capacity-building for individuals at all levels of their professional development. SHS 2015 focuses on providing participants with a toolbox of skills and resources that they can use to successfully implement reproductive and sexual health programming in any community.
Pre-Conference: Wednesday, June 3, 2015
Main Conference: Thursday, June 4 - Friday, June 5, 2015
UW-Milwaukee Zilber School of Public Health
1240 N 10th Street, Milwaukee
The SHS 2015 room block at the Ambassador Hotel expired, but there may still be rooms left. If you need a hotel room during the conference, please contact Liz Colvin at [email protected] or 414-289-3754 as soon as possible.
This year's conference will help you add resources to your "sex ed toolkit" including
- Tips for improving health communications
- Science-based health promotion strategies
- Evidence-informed programs and curricula
- "Power Tools for Sexual Health" keynote from Dr. Magda Peck, UW-Milwaukee School of Public Health Dean
- Learning circles
- Pre-conference workshop on Wednesday, June 3
- Networking reception on Thursday, June 4
- Special storytelling event on the evening of Thursday, June 4
- Health Care
- Sex-Positive Sexuality Education
- Tailoring Programs and Curricula
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
National Association of Social Workers
This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886673158-6371) for 15 Social Work continuing education contact hours.
National Center for Health Education Credentialing
Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin is a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. Safe Healthy Strong 2015 approved for a total of up to 15.0 category one continuing education contact hours. Maximum advanced level contact hours are 12.5.
AMA credits applied for.