Request for Workshop Proposals
Submit your proposal by August 15th.
Request for Proposal
Conference organizers are seeking proposals for 60-minute workshops that explore best practices in teaching sex education, healthy sexuality, reproductive health, social and reproductive justice, health equity and access for all people, and/or that examine related or intersecting topics. "Sexuality" encompasses many components:
Past SHS participants said they want information in the following areas:
Workshops may address more than one theme. Proposals that explore other areas that intersect & affect access to health care and information about sexuality are welcome, such as those that address implicit bias, curriculum development, research, youth work, resilience, trauma informed care, etc.
Send the following information by email to: [email protected]
Proposals are due by August 15, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. Central time.
• Your name, contact information, and a brief biography (50 words or less) for the lead presenter.
• Title and description of the proposed workshop for the SHS website (75 words or less)
• At least two (2) S.M.A.R.T. objectives explaining what participants will learn during your presentation.
• A description of at least one (1) takeaway that participants that attend your workshop will be able to use right away (for example, activity instructions, a lesson plan, resource lists, etc.)
• Submit your workshop proposal electronically by visiting: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SHS2024
For more information, email [email protected] and put “SHS 2024” in the subject line or contact Zuleica Ramirez at 414-289-8042.
Or call 1-800-230-7526