Health Care Assistant - Greensburg
We're hiring an HCA in Greensburg!
PPWP is seeking an intelligent and compassionate person to work for a mission driven organization as full time (35 hours/week) Health Care Assistant at our Greensburg location.
The Health Care Assistant is responsible for working both front office and back office duties which includes, but is not limited to checking in/registering patients, verifying insurance, charge posting, collecting co pays, completing venipuncture/injections, pregnancy testing, gathering medical history, conducting birth control/STD education, disinfecting/sterilization of equipment, running quality controls, etc.
We are looking for someone with excellent customer service skills, strong work ethic, and attention to detail to be part of our healthcare team.
The PPWP offers an excellent benefit package including paid time off, employer paid medical, dental and vision benefits, life insurance and a 401(k) plan. PPWP encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. PPWP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]rg
Health Center Advocacy (HCAP) Fall Internship
Start Date: September 15th 2017 * 8 week long internship with flexible end date
- This internship runs out of Planned Parenthood’s Pittsburgh Downtown Offices
- Can be used for school credit
The Health Center Advocacy Program (HCAP) Summer Internship: Intern inside health centers with volunteers and staff to
educate patients about the policy world in which the services they are receiving exist. Collect stories from patients and listen to experiences. Outside the health centers, interns will work with volunteers and staff to disseminate information about our health services while also representing Planned Parenthood’s values across Pennsylvania communities. This position includes coalition work with other organizations (Immigration, Fair Housing, Living Wages, Environment etc…).
HCAP is run through the Planned Parenthood Association of Pennsylvania.
****Persons of color, LGBTQ+, persons of diverse backgrounds encouraged to apply. This internship does not require any particular formal education. We are interested in community members who want to enhance Planned Parenthood’s impact on t he local community. We seek to create positions that reflect the community we are a part of****
- Build meaningful relationships with non-traditional community organizations that are led by and lead the work for the communities they serve by attending events and providing support to them as needed
- Collaborate and create meaningful opportunities/events with these partners
- Implement and cultivate affiliate’s Health Center Advocacy Program (HCAP) in the following ways:
- Engage with patients in our health centers weekly (training is provided)
- Maintain PPWP’s HCAP story collection program (training is provided)
- Support Community Events and Planned Parenthood Events/work with partner organizations
- Process new supporters, volunteers, and patient advocates you meet during your HCAP shifts
- Promote reproductive health care in areas without PP Health Centers in the following ways: Promote community health care resources in areas without a PP health center, Travel to other nearby health centers * Bus or car
- Commitment to reproductive health and rights for all Pennsylvanians, and to Planned Parenthood’s mission
- Commitment to inclusivity and embodying intersectionality
- Outgoing team player, independent worker, who is well organized and who can self-motivate
- Maintain a regular, but flexible, schedule with hours that suit both the intern and the office staff
- Outgoing and friendly personality and knowledge of the reproductive health and intersectionality movement in Pennsylvania
Please note this is typically an unpaid internship and requires 15 hours a week, however we will provide reimbursement for some travel and meals where applicable. It is possible that a limited number of stipends may be available. Additionally, this internship may be used for school credit. To apply please submit a cover letter explaining your reasons for applying along with
your resume to [email protected] . Deadline for submission is August 25th 2017.