Health Center Manager -Bridgeville/Moon
Planned Parenthood of Western Pennsylvania is seeking a Health Center Manager to oversee our Bridgeville and Moon Township locations. This position is responsible for overseeing the health center operations which includes:
- Work in cooperation with the clinician and Health Care Assistants to monitor and achieve goals for health center performance including established productivity and standards for center revenue, expense/margin, patient numbers, quality and customer service are met.
- Review health center performance data monthly and communicate results to staff and develop a plan for improvement for staff and management.
- Ensure that the health center has a strong customer-oriented approach to healthcare delivery as demonstrated by staff serving as patient advocates, and patient interactions that show respect, compassion and facilitate access to care.
- Monitor compliance with agency standards and guidelines, regulatory requirements and policies and procedures in the health center.
- Oversee maintenance of the facility and manage inventory of equipment and supplies to ensure proper maintenance and adherence with the highest standards of cleanliness and safety.
- Work with the Family Planning Services Supervisor to hire, train, supervise and evaluate staff and health center volunteers. Motivate staff to perform at their highest level of competence.
- Oversee daily health center functioning to ensure it operates effectively including:
- Phones are answered on a timely basis and patient appointments are made as needed.
- Practice Management and Electronic Medical record software system is operational, used appropriately and according to PPFA and PPWP standards.
- Client flow is managed and wait time is within acceptable standards.
- Bank deposits and required reports for accounting and billing are accurate, timely and completed according to policy.
- Technology and tools to facilitate clinic operations such as patient tracker and insurance verification software are used consistently according to PPWP policies and procedures.
- Clients with special needs and limited English proficiency are managed appropriately. Procedures for managing child abuse and intimate partner violence are followed.
- Problems, complaints and issues that may arise in the course of business are managed and responded to appropriately and proactively.
- Manage lab results and referrals appropriately and follow-up according to policy and procedure.
- Ensure that monthly/weekly/daily QA/R/QM activities are completed and the R/QM program is implemented at the health center. Participate in the development of corrective action plans and monitor progress on correcting deficiencies.
- Oversee inventory system including maintaining clinic supply count, ensuring adequate supplies are available, and maintaining Inventory Out Log for management of inventory control.
- Manage payroll system responsibilities and approvals according to established policies.
- Monitor staff training to ensure all staff are compliant and follow-up with employees as required if training is delinquent.
- Disseminate program updates, new policies and other pertinent information to health center staff through regular meetings and other effective means.
- Coordinate with marketing and communication staff to provide marketing and outreach for the health center.
- Promote and implement clinical research activities in the health center in coordination with the Family Planning Supervisor.
Essential responsibilities - Health Center Duties
Performs direct patient care duties as part of everyday responsibilities. This requires competency in health center duties including:
- Front office duties that includes patient intake, registration and check out.
- Back office duties including completing lab duties, taking client history, providing client education, and assisting in the exam room.
- Other duties that includes preparing, set up and cleaning equipment and clinical areas following all service days and as needed according to OSHA standards.
PPWP provides excellent benefits, competitive salaries and provides a supportive and friendly work environment. Must be willing to work some evenings and Saturdays. PPWP is an EOE employer. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical Management: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Driver's License
Please email cover letter and resume to Alicia Romano at [email protected]
Community Educator/Education Specialist
Reports To: Vice President for Education
Job Type: Full-time
Planned Parenthood of Western Pennsylvania is seeking a Community Educator to provide sexual and reproductive health education services in schools and community-based organizations primarily in Allegheny County, but also across western PA.
Creates and coordinates youth and parent programs on a range of sexual and reproductive health topics.
Implements comprehensive sexuality education curricula in participating schools and community organizations in accordance with goals outlined by the education department annual work plan and funders.
Works with VP for Education to coordinate speakers, times and dates for program requests.
Networks within the community to create new programming and outreach opportunities.
Attends agency and community meetings as required.
Responsible for representing Planned Parenthood at health fairs and community exhibits.
Reads and stays current on all information concerning reproductive health care and sexuality education.
Staffs the It’s OK To Ask Someone textline two days per week and/or as needed and requested.
Assists VP for Education in completing annual department work plan by carrying out other duties as requested.
Completes reporting on all programming in a thorough and timely fashion, including standard internal reporting and reporting assigned by outside entities.
Knowledge of and participation in the PPWP Quality and Risk Management Program.
Bachelor level degree and/or comparable training and job experience.
Ability to provide group presentations in a professional, effective manner.
Ability to establish rapport and communicate effectively with adults and young people from a variety of backgrounds.
Ability to travel independently.
Ability to use telecommunications.
Ability to type.
Must work collaboratively with diverse staff.
Actively demonstrate commitment to diversity and inclusivity goals.
Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Clearances:
Must have access to a car and maintain a valid Pennsylvania license and insurance.
Must maintain current Pennsylvania Act 33/34 clearance.
Must pass pre-hire drug screening.
Must be willing to sign and consistently adhere to PPWP confidentiality, security and HIPAA policy statements.
Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in an effective, timely manner.
Accurate and timely completion of job responsibilities and assigned tasks.
Cooperative effort to assist in accomplishing education goals.
Adherence to education department and agency policies.
Ability to work effectively and competently across diverse groups.
Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected]