DEPARTMENT: Public Affairs, Planned Parenthood of Western Pennsylvania
REPORTS TO: Statewide Field Director & Affiliate Public Affairs Director
LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA
SALARY RANGE $27,000 - $30,000
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
As a member of the public affairs team, the Grassroots Organizer is responsible for supporting the public affairs department of Planned Parenthood through activities related to 501(c)(3) grassroots outreach and community partnerships to increase public awareness of Planned Parenthood’s legislative, educational, and grassroots efforts across the state.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Recruit for, plan, and participate in a range of 501(c)(3) grassroots advocacy activities such as supporter recruitment, patient engagement and campus groups;
- Act to reduce abortion stigma through story-collection and other tactics;
- Oversee volunteer work done by public affairs interns and volunteers;
- Develop and implement grassroots outreach strategy that supports the goals of the Public Affairs department
- Provide a visible community presence for Planned Parenthood by actively seeking opportunities for the affiliate to increase its public presence;
- Represent Planned Parenthood at community events;
- Maintain public affairs related grant documentation;
- Assist in communicating, to internal and external stakeholders, information about public policy and legislative issues relevant to the affiliate’s interests through newsletter articles, letters to donors and activists, letters to the editor, and other forums;
- Activate student and youth leaders into Planned Parenthood volunteers and volunteer leaders to build broad and visible support for Planned Parenthood’s mission through campus outreach and youth-focused programming;
- Develop and maintain activist databases (In VAN and Convio) providing regular communications, and devising methods to add new supporters; and
- Ensure a culture that embraces diversity, fair and respectful treatment of all persons, and customer-focused delivery throughout the organization
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in a related field OR Minimum of 2 years of community organizing experience.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills that enable work in a collaborative and multi-faceted team environment
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Extensive computer skills, including competency in Microsoft Office software, affiliate email, Internet, and social media
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to organize, multi-task and effectively function in a fast paced environment to set and achieve short and long term goals
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Ability to continuously maintain data and develop reports when necessary
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel. Reliable means of transportation
- A “Can Do” attitude and positive energy that will reflect in all projects and representation of organization
- Strong commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to Jessica Semler at [email protected] by August 5, 2016.
Fall Benefit Coordination & Development Internship
Internship term: August 2016-December 2016
Reports to: Marketing & Development Coordinator and VP for Development & Communications.
PPWP is offering a part-time, unpaid (can be used for course credit) Fall Benefit Coordination & Development Internship at our Downtown Pittsburgh office. The main project focus of this position will be related to the coordination and execution of our annual fall benefit, The War on Women Art Show. Responsibilities related to the fall benefit will be as follows:
•Provide information about the War on Women Art Show to potential participating artists
•Coordinating communications with 40+ artists participating in the War on Women art show regarding art pieces, artist statement, delivery information, and any other details concerning the art show.
•Maintaining artist database with all information about art pieces as they are submitted.
•Working with the Marketing & Development Coordinator to solve any issues that arise with artists, such as need for artwork pickup, framing, etc.
•Creating bid sheets for all artwork, accurately including details of information about all pieces.
•Be available the night of the art show (Thursday, October 13th) to assist staff with set-up and coordination during the event.
•Assisting with the invitation mailing for the War on Women Art Show.
•Following up with artists after the art show to provide information of arts sales, commission percentage, and pick-up for any artwork that did not sell at the show.
•Working with Marketing & Development Coordinator and VP for Development & Communications to assess what went well at the event and what needs improvement for next year.
In addition to assisting with the fall benefit, the intern will be involved in a diverse range of other development tasks and project including but not limited to:
•Assisting with the writing of PPWP’s fall email newsletter.
•Organization of annual development files pertaining to United Way and workplace giving programs.
•Assisting with community outreach at tabling events as needed.
•Assisting with various fundraising mailing.
Skills & Qualifications
•Extensive knowledge and comfort using the internet.
•Comfort communicating with others through phone and email.
•Self-motivated and able to work independently.
•Critical thinking and attention to detail.
•Flexibility, initiative, creative thinking, and a willingness to learn.
•10-15 hours of availability during business hours on Monday-Friday.
Interest or experience in the arts, nonprofit work, fundraising, or event planning is a plus!
If you are interested in applying for this internship position, please email your cover letter and resume to Marla Guarino at [email protected]
Site Supervisor - Pittsburgh Family Planning Health Center
Planned Parenthood of Western Pennsylvania is seeking a site supervisor for our Pittsburgh Family Planning Health Center. This position is responsible for overseeing the health center operations which includes:
- Working in cooperation with the clinician to ensure that established productivity standards, business operations and customer service goals are met.
- Supervising staff.
- Overseeing maintenance of clinic facility and managing inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Overseeing management of lab results and abnormal reporting.
- Participating in agency Quality/Risk Management Program.
- Generating monthly and end of day management reports
- Assisting with client intake, interviews and other aspects of the client visit as needed.
PPWP provides excellent benefits, competitive salaries and provides a supportive and friendly work environment. Must be willing to work some evenings and Saturdays. PPWP is an EOE employer. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Planned Parenthood of Western PA, Attn. Alicia Romano, 933 Liberty Avenue, PGH, PA 15222 or [email protected]
PPWP is seeking a full or part-time clinician to provide preventive gynecologic health care at Planned Parenthood's Pittsburgh area offices. PPWP provides excellent benefits, competitive salaries and provides a supportive and friendly work environment.
Services provided include the following:
-Complete gynecologic care
- Birth control information and counseling
-Colposcopy and cryotherapy (advanced screening and treatment for cervical cancer)
-Screening and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
-HIV risk assessment, testing and counseling
PPWP provides numerous opportunities to advance skills and knowledge base. Under the supervision of the Medical Director, the Clinician will function in an expanded role as the primary provider of medical services.
Successful candidates should be licensed in Pennsylvania and be able to work well with others in a team-oriented environment.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Planned Parenthood of Western PA, Attn. Debbie Cain, 933 Liberty Avenue, PGH, PA 15222 or [email protected]. PPWP is an EOE employer. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.