Surgical Site Supervisor
The Surgical Site Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the efficient operation of the surgical site and ensuring that the provision of patient care is consistent with established standards and regulations.
The Surgical Site Supervisor will:
- oversee administration functions of the surgical center
- participate in decision-making regarding policies and procedures related to service delivery.
- hire, train and supervise staff members
- implement policy and protocol changes and R/QM initiatives
- ensure that established productivity, quality and customer service goals are met
- ensure implementation of all oversight programs including Risk and Quality Management and Patient Safely
- coordinate and update information and referral systems
- provide support to the staff in the health centers as needed
- provide options counseling.
In completing the responsibilities of this position the Surgical Site Supervisor must demonstrate
- ·good judgement in all client and staff interactions
- ·concern for meeting internal and external customer needs
- effective problem solving and decision-making skills
- strong leadership and supervisory skills
- capacity to relate well to people in a non-judgmental manner with empathy
- ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- adherence to all applicable policies and regulations
- ability to work collaboratively with diverse staff.
The medical office manager must have
- bachelor’s degree
- minimum one year supervisory or management experience or equivalent
Health Care Assistant/Call Center Agent
PPWP is seeking intelligent and compassionate people to work for a mission driven organization as full time (5 days/week) and part time Health Care Assistants/Call Center Agents. These positions offer a variety of employment opportunities which may include positions in our Pittsburgh and Bridgeville family planning health centers, in our abortion service and in our call center.
Planned Parenthood’s family planning health center team provides gynecologic services, birth control and STI testing and treatment services to men and women. Responsibilities in the family planning centers include both front and back office duties: registering clients, working in the lab, preparing the client for their visit and providing client education.
The Health Care Assistant working in the Abortion Services is responsible for registering patients, conducting all elements of the pre-procedure interview, utilizing relaxation techniques with patients to reduce anxiety during the procedure, assisting the physician in room management during the procedure, and coordinating the activities of staff and physicians in the clinic flow.
Call Center Agent responsibilities involve making appointments for clients who are seeking medical services at Planned Parenthood.
Email Alicia Romano, [email protected], to apply. Please indicate in your response if you are interested in a call center or clinic-focused position or either.
We are looking for people with excellent customer service skills and attention to detail to be part of our healthcare team. Venipuncture skills are preferred. The successful candidates must have transportation to work in both the Pittsburgh and Bridgeville health centers.
The PPWP offers an excellent benefit package including paid time off, employer paid medical, dental and vision benefits, life insurance and a 401(k) plan. PPWP encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. PPWP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.