MEMPHIS, TN — Planned Parenthood Greater Memphis Region (PPGMR) is celebrating National Women’s Health Week by offering some free services at its health center at 2430 Poplar Avenue, during National Women’s Health Week, May 13-17, 2013.
National Women’s Health Week is a weeklong national health observance designed to empower women to make their health a top priority. All women are encouraged to take the following simple steps for a longer, healthier and happier life:
- Get an annual checkup
- Schedule recommended preventive screenings
- Practice safe sex to prevent sexually transmitted infections
- Use birth control when appropriate to prevent unintended pregnancies.
PPGMR is proud to help women achieve these goals by offering the following free services in its health center at 2430 Poplar Avenue:
- Monday, May 13, 2013 – Pick up free emergency contraception—a $50 value!—any time between the hours of 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. No appointment needed.
- Wednesday, May 15, 2013 – Free well-woman exams including gonorrhea and chlamydia screening (birth control not included.) Appointment required—call 901-725-1717 or request an appointment online: https://www.plannedparenthood.org/memphis/.
- Thursday, May 16, 2013 – Free HIV testing and free condom packs on a walk-in basis between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. No appointment needed.
These free services are available to all women with or without insurance, but patients must present an ID in order to receive services.
¡Se habla Español! Spanish interpretation services are always available at PPGMR.
For more information about Planned Parenthood’s services, please visit our website at https://www.plannedparenthood.org/memphis/.
Planned Parenthood Greater Memphis Region (PPGMR), founded in 1938, is an affiliate of Planned Parenthood Federation of America. PPGMR’s mission is to ensure broad public access to reproductive and related health care through clinic services, education, advocacy and community partnerships in serving 42 counties in West Tennessee, North Mississippi and East Arkansas.
Vice President of Community Affairs
May 02, 2013