Before Your Appointment:
- Purchase sanitary pads and a pain reliever (ibuprofen, naproxen, or acetaminophen - no aspirin) to use at home after your procedure
Eat a light meal
Wear loose-fitting clothing
Shower or bathe before arriving
Plan on being here from 3 to 5 hours
Minors: Your parent or legal guardian must stay in the clinic while you are here.
Patients with diabetes: Eat a normal breakfast, and take a 1/2 does of insulin the day of the procedure
Patients with a seizure disorder: Take your prescribed medications as usual
Patients with hypertension (high blood pressure): Take your prescribed medications as usual
Bring to Your Appointment:
- Payment in full for services: Acceptable methods of payment include cash, money order, traveler's checks, certified cashier's check, MasterCard, Visa or Discover cards. Card owner must be present.
- Valid photo ID - Minors MUST BRING a government-issued ID that includes the name and birth date. Parents and guardians accompanying minors MUST ALSO bring a government-issued ID.
- Extra sanitary pads (especially if you have a long ride home)
- Someone to drive you home (all patients receiving mild (pill) or IV sedation must have a driver)
Patients with asthma: Bring your inhaler(s)
Patients with diabetes: Bring all testing supplies
Do NOT Bring:
Food or drinks
Children (children are not allowed in the clinic)
If you have any questions about the instructions or about procedure day, please call 314-531-7526.