The following policies apply to ALL library members:
1. Memberships are for individuals only; institutional memberships are not available. The member is responsible for all resources borrowed.
2. To obtain a membership an individual must be 18 years or older with a valid driver's license or picture identification. Upon payment the member will receive a membership card.
3. Members are responsible for all resources borrowed from PPSLR and are required to sign a membership application which insures that the applicant will be responsible for all resources taken out of the building. In the event of loss, theft, or damage the individual assumes financial responsibility for the replacement of resource(s). To insure their replacement, a credit card account number must be left on file. If the applicant does not have a credit card, he/she may leave a personal or company check as a deposit. The check should be made out in the amount of $200.00 to borrow videos and/or $20 for each book. The check will be returned when the library member returns all resources.
4. All fees are to be paid in advance or at the time of pickup. Cash, checks, money orders, and Visa/Mastercard are accepted. Fees for videos are $3.00 (with a Regular membership, waived with a Bonus membership). The Empathy Belly fee is $10.00, regardless of your membership type.
5. Resources can be checked out for THREE days and can be reserved in advance through the Education Department. Reserving videos in advance will ensure that individuals are able to use videos when they need to; however, other members returning videos late make this system ineffective. Please be courteous to other members. Members are responsible for pick-up and return of all resources from the Education Center. Education Center Hours are: Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. -4:30 p.m. There is no night drop for videos, so if you can't make it on the due date, call and make other arrangements.
6. LATE FEES. Members returning resources late will be charge the following:
- Videos and other resources: $3.00 Per Day
- Books: $1.00 Per Day
MEMBER PRIVILEGES WILL BE SUSPENDED UNTIL ALL FEES ARE PAID!
7. Members are limited to borrowing no more than four videos at a time and six books at a time. Authorization from theVice Presidentof Education is required if a member requests to borrow more than the maximum number of resources allowed.
8. To borrow certain resources, PPSLR requires the member to go through a brief training to check out the resource. This includes the contraceptive methods kit, the empathy belly, and the breast self exam model.
9. Shipping of videos is available to members outside the St. Louis Area. A shipping charge of $4.50 per resource MUST be paid BEFORE the resource can be shipped. Members are responsible for return postage fees and all resources must be insured for $400.00 via UPS or Post.
10. All materials are protected under federal copyright laws. Copying of any of these materials will result in immediate and permanent revocation of membership.
11. Memberships are non-transferable.
12. Non-compliance with the PPSLR borrowing policies may lead to suspension of borrowing privileges without refund of membership fee.
For more information, contact an educator at (314) 531-7526 ext. 329.