GET REAL, GET INFORMED
You've probably learned about sex from a variety of sources, including friends, the Internet, TV, music, movies, etc. There are lots of interesting claims out there. But what's truth and what's fiction? Here's a list of Frequently Asked Questions and Websites that can help provide some answers.
Websites for Young People
Amplify - www.amplifyyourvoice.org/
Info for Teens - www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/teens
Bedsider - www.bedsider.org/
Sex Etc. - www.sexetc.org/
Scarleteen - www.scarleteen.com/
Coalition for Positive Sexuality - www.positive.org/
I Wanna Know - www.iwannaknow.org/
That's Not Cool - www.thatsnotcool.com/
Love is Respect - www.loveisrespect.org/
Youth Venture - www.youthventure.org/
Check out these links for honest, realistic information about sexuality and growing up, and how to get active:
- www.sexetc.org A website and free newsletter produced for teens by teens. Writers take on all different angles of preventing pregnancy and disease transmission.
- www.scarleteen.com Sex education for the real world. Offers information and tools for communication with parents and partners.
- www.positive.org - Coalition for Positive Sexuality gives teens honest information that they need to make responsible decisions about sex and supports them in advocating for honest sex education.
- www.iwannaknow.org Sponsored by the American Social Health Association, this site offers information on various topics having to do with healthy sexuality.
- www.youthonboard.org Supports youth in becoming change makers by providing young people and adults the tools needed for meaningful partnerships in the community.
- www.dosomething.org Do Something supports and encourages young people to make change in the world by doing something. This website provides tools, resources and ideas on how to put ideas into action.
- www.youthventure.org Encourages young people to fulfill their dreams and make a lasting impact on their school and community.