Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio is in the process of switching to a new system. Check back soon for updated information on this. We appreciate your patience during this transition.
Have these items ready:
- Photo ID
- Insurance card (if you plan to use insurance)
- Co-pay or payment for your visit (Credit Card Only)
- List of medications
- Your pharmacy information
Thank you for choosing Planned Parenthood!
A virtual visit is a great way to get the care you need while remaining socially distanced during the COVID-19 pandemic. A virtual visit does not take place at our health center – it takes place wherever you are! The visit is conducted online using a secure virtual “waiting room” that is similar to Skype or Zoom. You can join your appointment from home, work, or even your car. Here’s what to expect:
Before Your Appointment
- You can join your appointment using a computer, tablet or smartphone. If you plan to use a mobile device, download the app TeleDoc prior to your visit.
- Download on the Apple App Store
- Download on the Google Play Store
- The day of your visit, you will receive a link to our secure virtual waiting room. Do not join the waiting room until you have been instructed to do so by a care team member.
During Your Appointment
- Go to a private setting with reliable internet access for your visit.
- Within 10 minutes of your appointment, a care team member will call you to start the check-in process. If you miss our call or for some reason don't receive a call, call us at 1-800-230-PLAN.
- During check-in, a care team member will confirm your information and collect any necessary payment.
- You’ll speak with a Health Center Assistant or LPN who will review your medical history, reason for your visit, and provide education if needed.
- Once you are ready to speak with the clinician, a care team member will instruct you to join the secure virtual waiting room via the link sent to you earlier in the day. At this point, the call will be disconnected, and the remainder of the visit is conducted face to face with your provider via your browser or the TeleDoc app. Any needed prescriptions will be sent to the pharmacy of your choice.
- If lab work is needed, we will send the lab order to our contracted lab, LabCorp. You can visit any of their local locations to provide your sample or have your blood drawn. Your results come directly back to us.
- We also strongly encourage you to sign up for the patient portal so you can have access to your chart securely online. Ask a care team member for more information when you check-in for your visit.
Also keep in mind these items:
- Do not use drugs or alcohol 24 hours prior to your appointment
What You Should Know After Your Appointment
If you have any lab work done, like STI testing or a Pap test, those results will be available in one to two weeks. A member of our care team will contact you with any abnormal results when they are available and have been reviewed by your clinician. Your lab results, visit summaries and more are also available in the Patient Portal, so be sure to set up your account!
Following your visit, you will receive a survey emailed from PressGaney asking for your feedback. Please complete it so we can continue to improve your patient experience.