At Planned Parenthood, we offer outpatient surgical abortion and medication abortion services. The Abortion Care Team at Planned Parenthood is honored to provide the health care you need and we are here to answer any questions you have!
Bring these items with you:
- Valid government or state-issued photo ID
- Insurance card (if you plan to use insurance)
- Co-pay or payment for your visit (money orders and credit cards only). Please note if you are using a credit card with someone else’s name on it, that person must be present during the transaction. At this time we are not accepting cash, we apologize for any inconvenience. If you have questions about forms of payment, please call our office at 1800-230-PLAN.
- If you are a minor, bring your original birth certificate in addition to your photo ID. Photo IDs can include a current school year ID (or badge) or a government issued photo ID. Parents or legal guardians must be present with their government or state issued photo ID. Legal guardians require additional paperwork, please call our office for details at 1-800-230-PLAN.
- List of medications
- Your pharmacy information
Keep these items in mind:
- Abortion is not covered under Ohio State Medicaid under most circumstances and many private insurers exclude abortion services from being covered. If you’d like to use your private insurance for abortion services, we recommend you call your insurance and ask if elective abortions are covered under your plan at our center.
- It is always our goal to be mindful of your time, but for planning purposes, please prepare to plan your day around your visits. You could spend anywhere between three to five hours at each appointment.
Also keep in mind these items:
- Do not use drugs or alcohol 24 hours prior to your appointment
- Children are not able to accompany you to your appointments. NOTE: Due to COVID-19 guests are not able to accompany you into the building at this time.
- Some of our locations have protesters out front, but they cannot prevent you from coming in and you do not have to speak with them.
What You Should Know After Your Appointment
Physically, many people are ready to return to their normal daily activities the day after their abortion. We will review with you what to expect in the days and weeks following your abortion before you are discharged. We are always available to answer additional questions or concerns if needed; call the numbers provided on your discharge papers.
Mentally, after an abortion, it is normal to have a variety of different emotions. Some people may feel sad, while others feel relieved. Please know however you are feeling can be normal, but we are always here to support you and provide you with additional resources if necessary.