What is Primary Care?
Primary care is a term describing basic health care services that an individual might need for general health concerns. A primary care provider is often the first doctor a patient might see for such issues. A patient may be referred to a specialist (another type of doctor) for more complicated health conditions.
What health concerns can I go to Planned Parenthood for?
All Planned Parenthood of Southwest and Central Florida sites provide quality family planning and reproductive health services.
You can come to our Sarasota Planned Parenthood health center for primary care services as well as reproductive/family planning services. Primary care services include:
- Anemia – Iron Deficiency
- Diabetes –Type II Only (without complication)
- Acid Reflux Hypertension – High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol Hypothyroidism – (Underactive thyroid only)
- Immunization (Flu/Gardasil ONLY)
- Mental Health – Anxiety/Depression
- Physicals – General Wellness Exam
- Physicals for School/Work – Paperwork necessary
- Respiratory Issues
- Flu/cold/cough/shortness of breath/bronchitis
- Allergic Rhinitis (Environmental)
- Throat/eye/nose/ear issues
- Mono/Strep throat
- Smoking Cessation
How Much Do Primary Care Services Cost?
Planned Parenthood delivers low-cost, high-quality services. If you have health insurance you may qualify for coverage. If you are not insured we work to keep out of pocket costs low. Please call us to learn more.
Make Your Appointment Today
Click here to make an appointment online, or to contact our Sarasota health center directly.