- Crisis intervention
- Information on victims’ legal rights and protections
- Help with the criminal justice process
- Emotional support
- Help with safety planning
- Help preparing victim impact statements for courts and parole boards
- Intervention with creditors, landlords, and employers on behalf of the victim
- Help finding shelter and transportation
- Referrals to other services
- Assistance with compensation applications
- Information on sexual assault prevention
- Support Groups
Medical and Legal Accompaniment and Advocacy
A sexual assault victim/survivor has a number of decisions to make immediately following an assault. Among them are whether to seek medical and/or law enforcement involvement or not.
SARC’s community and professional education programs aim to decrease the occurrence of sexual violence by increasing understanding of the problem. SARC provides education and outreach programming free of charge to schools, businesses, and organizations with the goal of preventing sexual violence.
Compensation for Crime Victims
The core mission of the New York State Office of Victim Services (OVS) is to provide compensation to innocent victims of crime for their out-of-pocket losses associated with the crime. In New York State, this compensation is broad and comprehensive, particularly in the area of long-term medical benefits.
More Information about Sexual Violence
(800) 273-TALK (8255)
Or call 1-800-230-7526