Teen Council is made up of a diverse student body from local schools in Savannah, Georgia. We strive to create a Council that is strong and varied in its membership and work actively to build a group that is anti-racist, anti-sexist, and anti-homophobic.
What We Do:
- We create peer-to-peer dialogue
- We present as volunteer educators on various topics, such as healthy relationships, consent, HIV/AIDS, and birth control methods in local classrooms and other locations in the community
- We act as resources by sharing sexual health information with our friends and peers
- We participate in weekly meetings and trainings to increase knowledge and skills
- We are part of the solution while connecting others to this important work
To be a part of Teen Council, you must:
- Be an enrolled high school (9th-12th grade) student
- Have interest in providing accurate sexual health information to peers
- Be responsible in budgeting time and keeping up with academic work
- Attend weekly meetings
If you have any questions, please email [email protected].