About Comprehensive Sex Education
Comprehensive, reality-based sexuality education seeks to help people develop a positive view of sexuality, provide them with information and skills to take care of their sexual health, and to help them acquire skills to make responsible decisions now and in the future.
- teach that sexuality is a natural, normal, healthy part of life,
- provide opportunity for young people to develop and understand their values, attitudes and beliefs about sexuality,
- help young people develop relationship and interpersonal skills,
- teach that abstinence from sexual intercourse is the only certain way to prevent unintended pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections,
- includes accurate medical information about contraception, STDs, and how condoms and contraception can decrease the risks of STDs and unintended pregnancy,
- include a wide variety of sexuality related topics, such as human development, relationships, interpersonal skills, sexual health, and society and culture.
See programs listed at left. To request a session, download the related form (pdf) and fax to 404-688-0621.