The Health Center Advocacy Program (HCAP) Volunteer will have the opportunity to educate, empower and engage patients and visitors to Planned Parenthood health centers to become advocates for their own health care and for Planned Parenthood.
Types of Activities
- Engage visitors to Planned Parenthood health centers at “advocacy stations”, where they will have the opportunity to sign up as Planned Parenthood supporters, share their story or take other actions.
- Educate health center visitors aboutt engaging in advocacy work related to Planned Parenthood campaigns.
- Provide visitors the ability to register to vote in accordance with FL law.
- Complete data entry and management in a timely manner.
- Complete HCAP initial and ongoing training.
- Have a strong and proven commitment to civic engagement.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Available and willing to volunteer some weekday evenings and weekends.
- Outgoing, self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Complete a positive background check including a drug test and fingerprinting and provide at least 3 references.
- Compliance with Florida laws related to voter registration as applicable.
HOURS: 10 hours per week (If you are available for fewer hours, please contact us. We may be flexible)
Three ways to sign up to Volunteer!
Call us at 561-472-9948
Email us at [email protected]