The Patient Advocate Volunteer Program will have the opportunity to educate, empower and engage patients and visitors to Planned Parenthood health centers to become advocates for their own healthcare and for Planned Parenthood. They will also ensure that they are able to safely access our health centers free from harassment from protestors.
Types of Activities
- Ensure that our visitors are able to access our centers safely without harassment
- Be vigilant of outdoor surroundings and take notes of any suspicious behaviors.
- Engage visitors to Planned Parenthood health centers by sharing information on how they can sign up as Planned Parenthood supporters, share their story or take other actions.
- Encourage visitors to health centers to engage in advocacy work related to Planned Parenthood campaigns.
- Seasonal campaigns such as Voter Registration and local campaigns might be incorporated.
- Complete ongoing training and follow our non engagement protocols.
- Volunteer commitment of up to 5 hours per week for 3 months.
- Have a strong and proven commitment to civic engagement.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Available and willing to volunteer some weekday evenings and weekends.
- Outgoing, self-motivated and detail-oriented.
Compliance with Florida laws related to voter registration as applicable.
5 hours per week and a 3 month commitment.
Interested in doing this work? Fill out our online application now!