Adolescent Parenting Program (APP) provides support for parenting teens up to age 17. The program works to help parenting teens remain in school, graduate from high school, and delay a second pregnancy.
We are seeking adult mentors in New Hanover and Pender counties! Mentors must be at least 21 years of age, have a cell-phone, reliable transportation, and be a high school graduate. Mentors must be able to commit to spending at least four hours per month for one year to a teen parent.
Mentor duties include:
- serving as a positive role model
- encouraging good parenting skills
- encouraging school attendance
- helping with transportation
- attending monthly peer group meetings with a teen parent
- encouraging responsible sexual behavior
Most importantly, a mentor is a friend and advocate for a parenting teen!
To learn more about the APP Program, teen enrollment or mentoring possibilities, please contact Dana King ([email protected]) or 910-762-5566 ext. 7244