Planned Parenthood South Atlantic aims to provide high quality education that reflects the needs of young people, their families, our patients, and the communities we serve. At core, PPSAT education is about helping young people reach their full potential while helping community members gain access to the health care and information they need in order to live healthy, productive lives.
While the look and feel of programming will vary, below are the gold standard educational components offered in every PPSAT location:
- Planned Parenthood branded peer education programs using an evidence-based curricula;
- Family engagement
- Expanded collaboration with local public and private schools;
- Alumni programs that offer young people a way to stay involved with PPSAT through community service projects and presentations
- Science-based community presentations on issues related to Planned Parenthood South Atlantic's mission
- PPSAT Health Center Tours
PPSAT's teen Peer Education programs provide adolescents with medically accurate, factual information to empower young people to make responsible decisions based on their own values. Trained peer educators work within their schools and communities to disseminate this information to others. We have peer education programs throughout our service area in North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia.