Locally, no one does more than Planned Parenthood Pasadena and San Gabriel Valley to unleash the power of reproductive and sexual health care and education. For 80 years we've delivered on this promise for the people who call the San Gabriel Valley home. Founded in 1933 by Pasadena residents dedicated to women's health, PPPSGV is not only among the oldest of Planned Parenthood affiliates—we're also one of the fastest growing. In the last decade alone, our number of health centers has doubled to meet demand. Patient volume has increased by 600%. Today, we see over 55,000 patient visits per year and deliver 11,000 opportunities for sex and relationship education in our schools and colleges. That's why we're the area's most trusted provider of sexual and reproductive health care—particularly for patients who are young, low-income, and uninsured.
The outcome of the election was devastating. It is clear that under this new administration, we will face renewed attacks on our mission. Although our political environment is always changing, our doors have stayed open for over 80 years, and our community depends on us to remain open for many more. We've endured our fair share of political threats and opposition. We've weathered periods when coverage was uncertain and funding was slashed. Even with the new political leadership, we know what's ahead of us and we're ready to face it together with you.
What can you do right now if you care about Planned Parenthood Pasadena and San Gabriel Valley and the communities we serve? Try these 5 things:
- Join the Planned Parenthood Volunteer list: Sign up at bit.ly/volunteerpppsgv to receive emails, text messages, and/or calls regarding upcoming events, volunteer opportunities, and action alerts.
- Share your Story: Inspire others by sharing your experience with Planned Parenthood health services, education programs, and/or advocacy with our story collectors at www.istandwithpp.org/storiesDonate to support the fight:
- Make a donation to ensure PPPSGV can continue offering care to all people.
- Engage on social media: Connect with PPPSGV on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Retweet, Like and Share to help get the message out. @PPPSGV – use the hashtags #WeWontGoBack #IStandWithPP
- Call your Congressmember: Tell them you're a part of the overwhelming majority that opposes defunding care at Planned Parenthood health centers. Find your elected officials at bit.ly/WhoAreMyLegislators