Volunteers are an important part of Planned Parenthood Pasadena and San Gabriel Valley. Below is a brief description of our different volunteer opportunities. Please note that not all positions are available at all times. Thank you for your interest and support. We look forward to receiving your online application!
- General office volunteers share their flexibility with us in terms of skills, tasks, and schedule. Duties are mostly clerical and are performed during standard office hours.
- Monthly volunteer night attendees work on a large scale project, such as assembling safer sex kits for distribution or phone banking.
- Health Center Advocates provide education and advocacy opportunities to individuals in our health center waiting rooms.
- Health Center Greeters provide a warm welcome to our waiting rooms and direct health center foot traffic.
- Community Ambassadors attend health fairs and community events to share information about Planned Parenthood’s range of services and locations.
Interns support our Public Affairs, Education, Development, and Executive Office departments. Their work is primarily project-based and depends on the current needs of their department. Previous projects have included a community needs assessment, aligning our sexual health education workshops with state and national education codes, and coordinating a phone bank to defeat an anti-Planned Parenthood ballot initiative. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Fundraising and Special Events
Volunteers are always needed a number of special events throughout the year where they provide support through guest registration, greeting and directing guests, event photography, event set up and clean up, and various other needs. On occasion, volunteers must be at least 21 years of age due to event venue.
Click Here to Submit Your Volunteer Application