Advocate. Educate. No Matter What!
Interested in becoming an advocate? Want to make a difference in your community? Join the peer advocate program to learn how to become a leader, create positive change, and build support for reproductive rights and social justice!
Not all teens have access to medically accurate, age-appropriate sex education, and access to comprehensive health care services. As an advocate, you can make a difference by becoming a trusted and reliable source of information, while building relationships with key decision makers.
- Be a current high school student from the greater Pasadena, Glendale and San Gabriel Valley area
- Commit to a year-long program that meets twice a month for two hours
- Be available early to mid-August for peer education training
- Be available during the evenings and some weekends
- Participate in some PPPSGV outreach activities
- Work collaboratively with a diverse group of teens
- Have access to transportation
(those using public transportation will receive bus tokens)
Applications for the 2019 - 2019 Peer Advocate Program are open!
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until spots are filled. We will begin screening candidates in March 2019. Spots will be limited so get your application in early.
Summer training: July 29, 2019 to August 2, 2019
Program start date: September 2019
For more information contact, Cammie Bo, Manager of Volunteer and Grassroots Programs at [email protected].
Follow us on Instagram for the latest news and information!