Advocate. Educate. No Matter What!
Interested in becoming an advocate? Want to make a difference in your community? Join the peer advocate program to learn how to become a leader, create positive change, and build support for reproductive rights and social justice!
Not all teens have access to medically accurate, age-appropriate sex education, and access to comprehensive health care services. As an advocate, you can make a difference by becoming a trusted and reliable source of information, while building relationships with key decision makers.
- Be a current high school student in the greater Pasadena and San Gabriel Valley area
- Commit to a year-long program that meets twice a month for two hours
- Be available early-to-mid August for education and training
- Be available during the evenings and some weekends
- Participate in some PPPSGV outreach activities
- Work collaboratively with a diverse group of teens
- Have access to transportation
(those using public transportation will receive bus tokens)
Deadline to apply: July 1st
TO APPLY, GO TO http://bit.ly/PPPSGV_PeerAdvocate2017
For more information contact, Senior Community Health Educator, Rosanna Cacace-Zakhir:[email protected] or (626) 794-5737 x139.