Advocate. Educate. No Matter What!
Interested in becoming an advocate? Want to make a difference in your community? Join the peer advocate program to learn how to become a leader, create positive change, and build support for reproductive rights and social justice!
Not all teens have access to medically accurate, age-appropriate sex education, and access to comprehensive health care services. As an advocate, you can make a difference by becoming a trusted and reliable source of information, while building relationships with key decision makers.
- Be a current high school student from the greater Pasadena, Glendale and San Gabriel Valley area
- Commit to a year-long program that meets twice a month for two hours
- Be available early to mid-August for peer education training
- Be available during the evenings and some weekends
- Participate in some PPPSGV outreach activities
- Work collaboratively with a diverse group of teens
- We will work with participants to ensure they have transportation to our meeting locations.
Applications for the 2020 - 2021 Peer Advocate Program are open!
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until spots are filled. We will begin screening candidates in March 2020. Spots will be limited so get your application in early.
Summer training: August 3rd, 2020 through August 7th, 2020
Fall program start date: August 26, 2020
For more information contact, Brittany Cropper, Community Health Educator at [email protected].
Follow us on Instagram for the latest news and information!