Since 1995, Planned Parenthood WIC has promoted full, physical, and healthy lives for its clients. We help pregnant women and families eat well-balanced meals and have healthy pregnancies, and promote breastfeeding as the best care for infants. Women in the WIC program have less complicated pregnancies, fewer premature deliveries, and better nourished babies.
What is WIC?
Everyone deserves the opportunity to make healthy choices. That's why Planned Parenthood WIC (Women, Infants and Children) provides clients with the knowledge and opportunity to provide their families with the best possible start in life, including:
- Nutritious foods
- Breastfeeding support
- Health education
- Mommy & Me classes
- Dental screenings
- Health care resources
Who WIC serves
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding women up to 1 year after giving birth
- Non-breastfeeding women up to 6 months after giving birth
- Infants and children under 5 years old
- All foster children under 5 years old
- Single fathers may receive vouchers for eligible infants/children
- Families living in the U.S. undocumented or who have applied for citizenship (Their application or legal status will not be jeopardized in any way)
- Military families, foster parents, and grandparents are eligible for WIC benefits and encouraged to apply.
To get WIC, you need to:
- Meet the WIC income guidelines
- Get medical checkups " referrals to health care can be provided
- Have a nutritional need
- Be in a group WICserves (see above)
Start here to see if you qualify.
WIC at a Glance
For more information or to speak with a WIC representative, please call 714.973.2411 or e-mail us at [email protected].