Thank you for choosing Planned Parenthood!
COVID-19 (coronavirus) and care at Planned Parenthood:
Please be aware that:
- If you develop respiratory symptoms (cough/shortness of breath) or a fever before your appointment, we ask that you reschedule.
- All patients and staff must have their temperature taken before checking in for an appointment or work.
- We are screening every patient for symptoms at check-in.
- All patients and staff will be asked to wear masks while inside the health center.
- Whenever possible, please adhere to the social distancing mandate of staying at least 6 feet away from others
- Only patients with an appointment and staff are allowed in the health center. Please do not bring any guests, visitors, or children.
- We offer multiple ways to get care, including telehealth visits with no-touch prescription pickup.
Learn more here.
Thank you for helping us keep all our patients and staff healthy and safe!
- COVID-19 can be transmitted even before a person feels sick, meaning social distancing is the most important thing you can do to protect yourself and others—stay 6 feet apart at all times.
- Quarantine immediately if you develop any symptoms.
- Always call ahead before seeking medical care. Call 911 or go to the ER if you have life-threatening symptoms such as difficulty breathing or confusion.
- False negative tests are common. If you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19, you should quarantine even if you have had a negative test result.
- Wearing a cloth face mask (NOT a surgical mask or N95 respirator—those are for health care settings only) is recommended (and in some place mandatory) when in public spaces such as a grocery store. This is to protect other people from you; it does not offer you any protection and is not a substitute for social distancing.