Up to 500,000 men per year in the USA choose vasectomies for birth control. As part of our men’s reproductive health services, Planned Parenthood of Northern, Central, and Southern New Jersey offers the In Line Vasectomy (IL-V).
The IL-V has been recognized as a minimally invasive procedure. It is a rapid and gentle office procedure that utilizes a mini local anesthetic that is effective within 3 seconds, and then each side is completed in about 3 minutes.
A vasectomy removes the concern of an unintended pregnancy and there are no changes in post op sexual function.
Vasectomies are intended to be a permanent, but men continue to make sperm after these procedures, and they have proven to be reversible in specific situations.
Why Planned Parenthood?
- Affordable. Most insurances and Medicaid accepted
- Board certified, nationally recognized urologist
- Convenient locations with free parking
- All services are confidential
Men's Reproductive Health Services
We are proud to offer services for men at our health centers across New Jersey. Call us today at 1-800-230-PLAN to find a health center near you.
- Contraceptive education
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI/STD) testing & treatment
- HIV testing & counseling
- HPV vaccine
- Sliding fee scale
- CONFIDENTIAL for all ages