Planned Parenthood was founded on the revolutionary idea that all people should have the information and care they need to live strong, healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. Planned Parenthood of Northern, Central, and Southern New Jersey’s (PPNCSNJ) Advocates Alliance is investing in local projects that advance this mission and reflect local initiatives that support the delivery of vital reproductive health care, sex education, and information to women, men, and young people in NJ.
Projects can range from health care delivery and education to advocacy and research. Competitive grant applications will focus on projects empowering NJ communities to challenge the status quo, build their leadership, and lead positive change in areas that reflect PPNCSNJ mission. We also encourage applicants to learn about SisterSong’s reproductive justice framework and apply this lens to their work. SisterSong defines reproductive justice as the human right to maintain personal bodily autonomy, have children, not have children, and parent children in safe and sustainable communities.
Grants are funded by a special initiative from the PPNCSNJ Board of Directors and administered through the leadership of the PPNCSNJ Advocates Alliance.
- The organization or program must be focused in PPNCSNJ’s service area, which covers the state of New Jersey, with the exception of Essex, Hudson, and Passaic Counties.
- The funding supports new or ongoing community partnerships and programs.
- Organizations must have documented 501(c)(3) status or a fiscal sponsor that is a 501(c)(3) organization.
- Organizations must have an annual operating budget under $5 million.
- Organizations may have a religious affiliation, but the project seeking funding may not proselytize.
- Grants will not be given for reserve funds, debt retirement or operating deficits, indirect expenses unrelated to the project or program being funded, sponsorship of fundraising events, endowments, capital projects, political elections, or other requests that do not reflect the goals of this initiative.
Interested in applying?
Please email your completed application and attachments, no later than Monday, December 14 at 5:00PM, to [email protected]. By submitting an application, you are certifying that you meet the eligibility requirements listed above. Grants will be awarded by the end of January 2021.Download the Application Form