Planned Parenthood of Northern, Central, and Southern New Jersey (PPNCSNJ) is committed to providing care and resources that improve the lives and health outcomes of the communities we serve. We are proud to offer high-quality, affordable services, and recognize that advancing reproductive justice and health equity includes but is not limited to sexual and reproductive health care. Therefore, PPNCSNJ’s Advocates Alliance is investing in community projects that serve the comprehensive needs of BIPOC and marginalized communities in pursuit of eliminating health disparities.
Advocates Alliance is a community investment initiative centered around advancing health equity and reproductive justice. Developed by SisterSong, reproductive justice is defined as the human right to maintain personal bodily autonomy, have children, not have children, and parent children in safe and sustainable communities. As defined by the CDC, health equity is when every person has the opportunity to attain their full health potential, and no one is disadvantaged from achieving this potential because of social position or other socially determined circumstances. We encourage applicants to consider how these frameworks apply to their efforts.
Advocates Alliance seeks to support organizations that challenge systemic barriers and lead positive change in areas that reflect PPNCSNJ’s mission by centering health equity and reproductive justice. Projects can range from health care delivery and education to advocacy and research in issue areas including but not limited to health care, economic development, family and youth support, housing justice, food and nutrition security, violence prevention, rehabilitation, environmental justice, LGTBTQ+ justice, etc. The systemic barriers faced within communities of color are not singular. Therefore, we value the opportunity to work collaboratively toward dismantling structural inequality and achieving holistic well-being.
With the support of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF), grants are funded by a unique initiative from the PPNCSNJ Board of Directors and administered through the leadership of the PPNCSNJ Advocates Alliance.
- The organization or program must be focused in PPNCSNJ's service area, which covers 18 of New Jersey’s 21 counties (excepting Essex, Hudson, and Passaic counties, which are served by Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan New Jersey).
- The funding supports new or ongoing community partnerships and programs.
- Organizations must have documented 501(c)(3) status or a fiscal sponsor that is a 501(c)(3) organization. Organizations must have an annual operating budget under $5 million.
- Organizations may have a religious affiliation, but the project seeking funding may not proselytize.
- Grants will not be given for reserve funds, debt retirement or operating deficits, indirect expenses unrelated to the project or program being funded, sponsorship of fundraising events, endowments, capital projects, political elections, or other requests that do not reflect the goals of this initiative.
Please email your completed application and attachments by Friday, December 16, 2022 at 5:00 PM, to [email protected]. By applying, you are certifying that you meet the eligibility requirements. Grants will be awarded by February 2023.
Download the Application Form