Planned Parenthood understands the difficulties that parents face when it comes to talking to their children about sensitive topics—sex, dating, and relationships. We also know how vital it is that parents keep informed about what is truly happening with young people and how best to reach out to their own children. Research has found that children who have open communication with their parents are less likely to engage in risky behaviors.
We conduct workshops for parents through PTA/PTO groups, civic organizations, faith-based groups, and corporate lunchtime seminars. We can even come and talk to small groups of parents in your living room – one of our most popular, intimate, and thought-provoking workshop settings.
Our parent workshops are designed to provide parents with practical, up-to-date information and tools to help them feel more comfortable reaching out to their own children to open the lines of communication around often uncomfortable topics. Workshop topics may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Communicating with Your Child about Growing Up, Puberty, and Sexuality
- What Children Need to Know and When They Need to Know It
- Adolescent Development
- Building Self-Esteem in Your Child
- Believe It or Not—Lessons Learned from a Study of Sexual Behaviors Among Children 14 Years and Younger
- Sexual Development in Young Children/Sexual Abuse Prevention
To find out more, call 973-539-9580 or email [email protected].