Your insurance plan gets to choose the doctors you are allowed to see, the services that are covered and what those services cost for you. The following insurance plans and medical groups allow you to receive most routine services – like birth control, breast and cervical cancer screenings, and STD testing and treatment – from Planned Parenthood:
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Blue Shield of California
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO, POS or EPO
Many other insurance plans not listed above allow you to come to Planned Parenthood for certain specialty services, like sterilization, IUDs or abortion.
We recommend checking with your insurance plan before your visit to make sure the service you need is covered at Planned Parenthood, and to learn what visit costs (such as a co-pay or deductible) you might be responsible for.
- Call the member service information number on the back of your insurance card.
- Tell your insurance what service you are seeking and that you will be visiting Planned Parenthood.
- Confirm your benefits and coverage and ask what your out-of-pocket costs will be.
- If the service you're seeking is not covered, you can still visit Planned Parenthood. All our services are priced based on a sliding fee scale. We accept cash, credit and debit cards.