To empower individuals to make independent, informed decisions about their sexual and reproductive lives, we provide information and health care, and promote public policies that make those services available to all. Planning is power.
Our Core Values -- We Believe:
- that sexual and reproductive freedom is a foundation for equality for all people — regardless of gender, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
- that every individual deserves equal access to quality sexual and reproductive health care services, including safe, legal abortion.
- that all people deserve to be treated as morally capable decision makers entitled to make their own sexual and reproductive decisions, free from judgment, coercion, or violence.
- in strong families and caring communities, where all children are loved, cared for, and warmly welcomed, with access to the care and support that will enable them to reach their full potential.
- that adolescents and adults have the right to access the information they need to make well-informed sexual and reproductive health decisions in a safe, supportive, and confidential environment.
- in providing the best sexual and reproductive health care and education possible, grounded in evidence-based practice, enhanced by innovation, and informed by respect for every person's unique needs and circumstances.
- that we have a responsibility to address the inequities — rooted in gender, race, class, sexual orientation, gender identity, and neighborhood — that drive health care disparities, and to support public policies that promote more equal access to resources and opportunities.
- that we are a part — sometimes leaders, sometimes partners, sometimes allies — of a broad community that works together for reproductive freedom, justice, education, and health care.
Our Code of Conduct
Our Code of Conduct sets forth the basic principles that guide the decisions and actions of Planned Parenthood of New York City in support of our mission to empower individuals to make independent, informed decisions about their sexual and reproductive lives. All employees, volunteers, interns, and board members must read and understand the Code of Conduct and agree to follow its standards in carrying out their job duties.