To empower individuals to make independent, informed decisions about their sexual and reproductive lives, we provide information and health care, and promote public policies that make those services available to all. Planning is power.
Our Core Values -- We Believe:
- in strong and caring families and communities, where every child is loved, cared for, and warmly welcomed.
- that reproductive freedom is the foundation for true equality for women and men.
- that every individual deserves equal access to the entire range of quality, science-based sexual and reproductive health care services, including safe, legal abortion.
- that every woman deserves to be treated as a morally capable decision maker entitled to make her own sexual and reproductive decisions, free from condemnation, coercion, or violence.
- that adolescents and adults have the right to access the information they need to make well-informed sexual and reproductive health decisions in a safe, supportive, and confidential environment.
- in respecting every person's unique needs and circumstances.
- in innovation that keeps sexual and reproductive health care and educational services up-to-date and relevant.
- that sexuality is a healthy, normal, and essential part of being human.
Our Code of Conduct
Our Code of Conduct sets forth the basic principles that guide the decisions and actions of Planned Parenthood of New York City in support of our mission to empower individuals to make independent, informed decisions about their sexual and reproductive lives. All employees, volunteers, interns, and board members must read and understand the Code of Conduct and agree to follow its standards in carrying out their job duties.