The Teen Advocates are a corps of teenagers from Brooklyn, the Bronx, and the Lower East Side of Manhattan who are trained as peer educators by Planned Parenthood of New York City. They engage in outreach in their communities and conduct interactive workshops to educate youth about teens' rights and access to sexual and reproductive heath care.
The Teen Advocates offer their workshops to thousands of teens every year in a wide range of community settings. They share information in a way that their peers can readily hear and understand. As a result of the group's outstanding work, they received a recognition award in 2000 from the National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy. For more information, call the Teen Advocate Program Coordinator at 212-274-7263.
- Keep up with the Teen Advocates on Facebook and Instagram
- Watch the Teen Advocates' videos, including their version of Drake's "Hotline Bling"
- Teen Advocate Speaks at "Creating Space, Taking Space"
- Teen Advocates in "Youth in the Movement" forum
- Former Teen Advocate Meets President Obama!
- Interviews with PPNYC Teen Advocates
- Talking to Peers/ Hablando con Otros Jóvenes
- "It's Our Future. We Plan to Stay Safe" Billboards
- Teen Advocates Attend Conference in London