Planned Parenthood of New York City’s Training Institute provides trainings and resources to professionals who want to stay up-to-date on sexual and reproductive health topics. The Training Institute offers a wide variety of training opportunities for educators, health care providers, social workers, case managers, youth workers, and others who want to share healthy sexuality messages with clients. Continuing Education contact hours are available for NYS licensed social workers and certified health education specialists.
September 12, 2019 | PPNYC Queens Center, 21-41 45th Road
Including Clients with Developmental Disabilities in Sexuality Education ($60)
October 10, 2019 | PPNYC Manhattan Center, 26 Bleecker Street
Getting to Know You: Body Literacy for Health and Wellness ($60)
October 23, 2019 | PPNYC Queens Center, 21-41 45th Road
Public Insurance and Reproductive Health Care (FREE)
November 7, 2019 | PPNYC Manhattan Center, 26 Bleecker Street
Knowledge Is Power: Educating about Birth Control ($60)
November 19, 2019 | PPNYC Queens Center, 21-41 45th Road
Hablando con Confianza sobre la Sexualidad ($60)
December 17, 2019 | PPNYC Queens Center, 21-41 45th Road
Health Behavior Change: Implications for Sexual and Reproductive Health ($45)
Click on the training title for more details and to register and pay. Please read additional information about the Training Institute registration and cancellation policies below.
To learn about the trainers at the PPNYC Training Institute, read their bios.
REGISTRATION AND INFORMATION
- Participants must register at least two business days before each training. Trainings may close earlier if a training fills up. Register early to guarantee a spot.
- All trainings will start promptly at the times listed on the calendar. Participants who arrive more than 45 minutes late may not be admitted.
- A lactation space is available. To use the space during the training, please email the Training Institute in advance at training[at]ppnyc[dot]org.
- We want to provide the most accessible and welcoming learning space possible. Please let us know on your registration form if there is anything that would support your learning needs.
- We invite training participants to share the pronouns they use on name tags and during introductions, as they feel comfortable.
- If you are registering for multiple staff/trainings, please email the Training Institute in advance at training[at]ppnyc[dot]org for a Registration and Invoice Request form.
- Continuing Education Credit Hours are available through NCHEC and the NYS Board for Social Work. Please be prepared to provide your membership or license ID number.
- No unauthorized photography, video, or audio recording is permitted in the Training Institute.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
- You may cancel your registration up to 5 working days before the selected training. Your fee will be refunded minus a $10 enrollment charge. If you need to cancel fewer than 5 days prior to the designated training, you may send a substitute from your agency, or transfer your registration to another PPNYC training of your choice (based on availability) within the same calendar year.
- If you have registered but can no longer attend the training, please email training[at]ppnyc[dot]org to cancel, so that we may offer your spot to another interested participant.
- No refunds or substitutions will be given to participants who do not attend (without canceling), or who are significantly late and therefore not admitted to a training.
- Training materials are reserved for participants in attendance. Training materials will not be saved for, mailed to, or emailed to attendees or non-attendees.
If, for any reason, PPNYC needs to cancel a training or event, we will make every effort to contact individuals as far in advance as possible. If we are unable to reschedule the training within the same calendar year, the full registration fee will be refunded to the registrant.
DIRECTIONS TO PPNYC Manhattan Center
Margaret Sanger Square
26 Bleecker Street
(at the corner with Mott Street)
New York, NY 10012
6 to Bleecker Street
B, D, F, or M to Broadway/Lafayette
N or R to Prince Street
M1, M5, M6, M21, M101, M102, M103
Special Note about Visiting PPNYC Manhattan Center
In order to enter PPNYC through the administrative building entrance on Mott Street (between Bleecker and Houston), ring the buzzer and give the security guard your name. For security, the guard will need to verify your registration for the training and check your bag and identification. Thank you for your cooperation.
This space is wheelchair accessible. For more information about accessibility, please contact us at (212) 274-7246 or training[at]ppnyc[dot]org.
DIRECTIONS TO PPNYC Queens Center
2141 45th Road
(between 21st Street and 23rd Street)
Long Island City, NY 11101
7, E, M, or G to Court Square
B32, B62, Q39, Q67, Q69
There is a Municipal Parking Garage at 45-40 Court Square, Queens, NY 11101 (between Court Square East and Court Square West [Anable Street], approximately 500 feet south of Jackson Avenue behind Court House).
Special Note about Visiting PPNYC Queens Center
For security, the guard on duty will need to verify your registration for the training and check your bag and identification. Thank you for your cooperation.
This space is wheelchair accessible. For more information about accessibility, please contact us at (212) 274-7246 or [email protected]
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT
Training Institute participants can receive Continuing Education Credit at no additional cost.
NCHEC Designation: The Planned Parenthood of New York City Training Institute is designated a provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. PPNYC Training Institute Programs are designated for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES®) and/or Master Certified Health Education Specialists (MCHES®) to receive up to the total Category I CECH or advanced-level CECH listed on the individual online training descriptions (for example, 3.5 CECH for a 4-hour program or 5 CECH for a 6-hour program). To see the individual training descriptions, click the links in the training titles above.
NYS State Board for Social Work Designation: Planned Parenthood of New York City is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0311. The number of SW contact hours per training is listed on the individual online training descriptions. To see the individual training descriptions, click the links in the training titles above.
To join the Training Institute email list, sign up here.