Margaret Sanger Center International (MSCI) is the international arm of Planned Parenthood of New York City. From 1973-2010, MSCI partnered with governmental and non-governmental organizations in more than 50 countries to promote healthy sexuality, reproductive choice, and gender equity. MSCI will continue this work whenever it has the funding support to do so.
MSCI provides specialized training and tailored technical assistance to strengthen local groups so they can develop their own culturally sensitive education programs, clinical services, and advocacy. We work with diverse partners, such as youth associations, family planning organizations, women’s groups, HIV/AIDS prevention programs, government agencies, religious leaders, and traditional healers. MSCI’s interactions with partners around the world inform and enrich PPNYC’s New York City-based clinical services, education, and advocacy.
MSCI has produced resources that we make available free of charge. Look in the "Resource Guides" and "Reports" sections of this website's Publications page to find out about these resources:
- A Compendium of Worldwide Resource Materials to Prevent HIV among Youth
- Scaling Up HIV Prevention Programs for Youth: The Essential Elements Framework in Action
- Christian Family Life Education: A Guide for Teaching about Adolescent Sexuality and Reproductive Health
- Doing Gender the "Rights" Way: A Guide to Promote Gender Equity in Sexual and Reproductive Health Programs
- Con un Pie en Dos Islas: The Sexual and Reproductive Health of Dominican Women in Santo Domingo and New York City
MSCI has also created the online Steps Toolkit for monitoring and evaluating programs. Find out how your organization can use this cost-free, user-friendly, step-by-step tool to evaluate your programs online or offline!