Public Affairs Internship
...excited about affecting progressive social change?
...passionate about reproductive justice and access to health care and sex education?
...interested in receiving the legislative advocacy and community organizing training you need to be an activist on your campus and a lifelong leader for progressive social change?
Whether you want to change the world around you and just aren't sure where to start, or are a seasoned activist in need of training and a like-minded progressive community, PPNC's Public Affairs internship program is for you!
- Facilitate outreach programs at colleges, community fairs, concerts and other campus events to educate people about choice issues.
- Act as on-campus representative of Planned Parenthood and help coordinate the activities of pro-choice students.
- Attend coalition and committee meetings and legislative strategy sessions, and participate in visits to local legislators.
- Assist in planning, publicizing and coordinating campus programs in collaboration with faculty, campus organizations, residential life staff and other interested groups.
- Work with Public Affairs staff and volunteers on in-center and community outreach.
- Assist with special projects, conduct research and assist with fundraising events.
We prefer that any student interested in a Public Affairs internship be able to commit to at least two semesters. We also work with students interested in gaining experience in our Development and Marketing departments; the time you commit will depend on your availability, and we will work with your college or university to try to arrange for you to receive credit for your work. For more information or to apply, call 516-750-2665 or email [email protected]
Planned Parenthood of Nassau County is seeking interns in the Family Planning Benefit (FPBP) Department. Working with a team of FPBP staff members, interns will work to enroll eligible patients in public health insurance. Interns will be responsible for attending community events with other FPBP team members to promote the insurance plan and the reproductive health and rights movement. Interested students should possess a passion for increasing access to affordable healthcare. This internship includes direct patient contact. This internship is unpaid. College credits may be applied.
- Independently screen and enroll eligible patients in insurance coverage while maintaining confidentiality
- Attend community events to promote and educate public on FPBP program
- Conduct outreach across Nassau and Suffolk county
- Other duties to increase the success of the FPBP program as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information. Good judgment skills and initiative
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and speak to patients with empathy
- Ability to work independently with attention to detail
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus but not required
This is a formal internship. Only applicants who are able to commit for minimum 9 months will be considered.
Planned Parenthood of Nassau County, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workplace; all are encouraged to apply.
Email your resume to Jessica Snyder at [email protected] with the subject: FPBP Internship Application. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until all slots are filled. We look forward to hearing from you.