Go to Content Go to Navigation Go to Navigation Go to Site Search Homepage

Call 516-331-5956 or email [email protected] to see if you qualify for free birth control. If you live in New York State, we can help you apply.

What is the Family Planning Benefit Program?

The Family Planning Benefit Program is sponsored by the New York State Department of Health. If you qualify, you will receive FREE birth control, STD testing and GYN exams.

Do I qualify?

You MUST live in New York State in order for us to help you apply. Both women and men are eligible. If you are a single adult, you can earn about $26,256 a year or less and still qualify. You can earn even more if you have children or dependents. This income level changes often, so call 516-331-5956 or email [email protected] for the latest information.

If you are a teenager, you can still qualify for free services. Everything is 100% confidential--we will not tell your parents. We have staff members who will walk you through the application process.

What is covered?

All types of birth control, GYN exams and Pap tests, emergency contraception (the "morning after pill"), and HIV and STD testing.

You can receive these services at a Planned Parenthood health center or other family planning clinics in New York. Call 516-331-5956 or email [email protected] for locations.

How Do I Get It?

Call 516-331-5956 or email [email protected] and we will help you figure out if you qualify. We will also help you find a location and make an appointment.

IMPORTANT: You will need to bring the documents listed below to your appointment so that we can help you apply. Without all of these documents, you may not qualify for free services. If you are unsure about obtaining all of these documents, call us for assistance at 516-331-5956 or email [email protected] before your scheduled appointment.

1. Proof of citizenship:

You must bring in your original Social Security card or know the number

  • If you were born outside the U.S., please provide the following applicable documents in addition to your social security number:
  • Original U.S. Passport, or
  • Original naturalization certificate, or
  • Original INS form - "Green" card, or
  • Original I-94 arrival/departure record

2. Photo ID

  • Original driver's license, or
  • Original U.S. Passport, or
  • Original school ID, or
  • Other original official photo ID

3. Proof of address (dated within the past 6 months - BRING TWO):

  • Driver's license (issued within past 6 months)
  • Current bill (utility, phone, credit card)
  • Postmarked envelope or magazine subscription (no window envelopes or peel off stickers)
  • Lease agreement

4. Proof of recent monthly income (Bring ALL that provide income for you)

  • One month's worth of most recent, consecutive pay stubs
  • Unemployment or Social Security award letter or check stub
  • Worker's compensation/disability award letter or check stub
  • Letter from employer, signed and dated
  • Letter of support from family member, signed and dated

5. Letter of Termination (Bring ONLY if this applies)

  • If you have held any other job within the past nine months, please provide a detailed letter including the name of the company, your last date of work and gross income