Some patients can obtain abortion pills by mail without coming in person to a Planned Parenthood health center. The goal is to create a more convenient, patient-centered method of abortion.
For more information and to determine if you are eligible to, please call 406-869-5000 or any of our health centers to book an initial screening appointment by phone.
How does it work?
- You’ll complete a screening call with PPMT to assess your initial eligibility.
- You may need to get an ultrasound and/ or blood tests at facilities close to you (PPMT will let you know if you need to do this and help you find places close by that can provides these services.)
- You’ll have a video consultation from your phone or computer with a provider at PPMT. The provider will explain the process (and review your ultrasound and blood tests if you've had them) to see if you’re eligible.
- The PPMT provider will send you the abortion pills by mail.
- You’ll have a follow-up test and phone call with a PPMT provider to make sure your pregnancy has been terminated and that you are OK.
The entire process, including the video consultation, is completely confidential. You can read more about confidentiality and privacy here.
Do I qualify?
You may qualify if you:
- are pregnant and want a medical abortion;
- are age 16 or older;
- are able to have your video consultation and receive the package of medications in Montana;
- will be able to have any necessary pre-abortion tests, receive the medications, and take the first abortion pill before you are 77 days (11 weeks) along in your pregnancy;
- have an address in Montana where you can receive mail (post office General Delivery or a UPS package pickup center can work);
- have access to a smartphone, tablet, or computer with a webcam and microphone (this is so you can video chat with a provider).