Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson's mission is to provide quality health care, to educate individuals to make informed sexual and reproductive decisions, and to advocate for reproductive rights.
Medical • Education • Advocacy
Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson provides quality, nonjudgmental reproductive medical care and supports those affected by sexual violence; promotes healthy sexuality through education; and advocates for reproductive justice.
Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson serves more than 20,000 women and men each year at 10 licensed health centers in the Capital Region and Mohawk Valley.
Services include, but are not limited to:
- Medication and surgical abortion care
- Hormonal birth control (pills, vaginal rings, Depo-Provera shot, IUDs, implants, and the patch)
- Non-hormonal birth control (prescription diaphragm, condoms, abstinence education, and non-hormonal IUDs)
- Breast health exams
- Cancer screening and management (breast exams, pap smears, colposcopy, cryotherapy, and LEEP procedures)
- Depression and anxiety screening, treatment, and referrals
- Emergency contraception (over the counter and low cost ~$10)
- HIV rapid testing and counseling
- Infertility assessments
- Male services and well-person exams
- Pregnancy testing with options for counseling and evaluation of any complications
- Preventative health care exams
- PrEP for prevention of HIV infection
- Transgender care and informed consent hormone replacement therapy
- STI testing and treatment
- HPV vaccinations
- Health Insurance and ACA enrollment
- Educational community outreach and programming
- Sexual Assault and Crime Victims Services
Bowman Kim Atkins, CEO
With 25 years of non-profit executive leadership, Atkins developed specialization in family planning services, HIV/AIDS programs, primary care, and federally qualified community health services serving disenfranchised populations.
A leader with strong interpersonal and team building skills; solid program development and management skills; excellent background in financing and systems, and grant funding, Atkins is noted for skillful program development, change management, and strategic implementation,
Atkins has vaulted organizations to extraordinary levels of growth and influence within just a few years. His extensive experience will ensure Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson's continued growth in support of the agency's mission. PPMH is dedicated to providing quality health care, educating individuals to make informed sexual and reproductive decisions and advocating for reproductive justice.
Atkins attended Cornell University where he earned a master’s degree in Anthropology and conducted doctorate research in Thailand. He holds a bachelor’s degree from Duke University.