Empower Yourself - Take Control of Your Health with PrEP
PrEP stands for Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis, which is a daily drug regimen to help prevent HIV. It involves a daily pill called Truvada that can help those at increased risk avoid HIV. Truvada contains two antiretroviral medicines that interfere with HIV’s ability to grow and take hold in the body once one is exposed to the virus. When taken daily, the risk of contracting HIV can be reduced by more than 90 percent.
PrEP is for anyone with clinically identified risk factors for HIV. It's an option for you regardless of your sex or sexuality.
If you need more information on whether PrEP is right for you, make an appointment with us today online or call: 800.230.PLAN
- PrEP is a daily pill that lowers your risk of getting infected with HIV
- PrEP is more than 90% effective in preventing HIV infections
- You could be at risk for HIV if you…
- Do not always use a condom when you have sex
- Have sex with more than one person or have a partner who is having sex with more than one person
- Have sex with a partner whose HIV status is unknown
- Have sex in exchange for money, food, housing, etc.
- Have sex with an HIV+ partner
- Use needles or share needles to inject drugs or medication
- PrEP is covered by most insurances, including Medicaid
- If you don’t have insurance, or need help paying for PrEP, Planned Parenthood can help!