At Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson, we’re committed to helping you stay healthy and safe. If you have questions about your wellbeing, depression, or navigating a rough period in life, you can reach out to your PPMH health care provider. All services are confidential.
Emotional Distress + Depression Are Treatable
If you think you may have depression, or symptoms of other problems, it is important to talk with your clinician as soon as you can. Be honest with your health care providers about how you’re feeling.
Depression and anxiety can affect anyone, at any time. It isn’t something you can simply “snap out of.” There are many signs and symptoms, and you may experience some more than others.
Sometimes symptoms of depression can be caused by medications for other conditions, viruses, thyroid disorders, and other factors. We can help determine the underlying cause through an exam, and specialized testing.
Referral-based comprehensive mental health services include helping you treat and navigate problems such as:
- Anxiety disorders
- Stress management
- Weight management
- Eating disorders
- Parenting skills/support
- Stress-related illnesses
- Anger management
To Prepare for your visit:
Consider the following questions, and feel free to make a list of your answers:
- How are you feeling? When did you start noticing something felt off? Include anything you think is important to know. Your provider keeps all of your information private and confidential.
- Make note of any similar symptoms you may have had in the past. Were they treated? If so, what treatment was prescribed?
- List any information about changes, big or small, in your life that may be contributing to your feelings or symptoms.
- List any medications, vitamins, supplements, or drugs you take or use. Be sure to include how much and how often you take these items.
- Make a list of questions you have, so you don’t forget to ask during your visit!
You are not alone. We can help you feel better.
The most important person on your health care team is you. Your health is our priority, and we know how much depression can hurt and impact your life.
Whether you have chronic depression, or just need some help navigating a rough period in your life, we’re here for you. Everyone is different – we will work with you to determine the best course of treatment, therapy, or counseling.