Professionals can take advantage of community workshops sponsored throughout the year, in-service sessions designed to meet an organization's specific training needs, or one-on-one consultations.
For more information or to arrange a training event for your group, please call PPMET's Education and Training Department.
Nashville area: 615.345.0952
Knoxville area: 865.231.9694
“I feel more empowered as a facilitator” - Professional Training Participant
“Excellent information provided in an engaging way. Great Educator!" - Conference Attendee
Sexuality Education Training Series (SETS)Click Here to Register Now for Fall 2016 SETS
This intensive 3.5 day course will equip professionals with the knowledge, skills, and comfort needed to empower students and clients in informed sexual health decision making.
Utilizing hands-on practical experience, discussion, and topical lecture, participants will leave equipped to address tough sexual health topics. Participants will:
- Learn best practices for facilitating sexual health discussions (values/philosophy, language, activities, and boundary setting)
- Experience practical tools for facilitating group discussions, education sessions, and decision-making processes
- Gain up-to-date sexual health knowledge
- Enhance sensitivity to diverse perspectives on sexuality and relationship
- Practice handling controversial topics
- Gain tools for creating safe spaces for your students/clients
- Expand knowledge of community resources
“I would recommend this training for anyone! The training was holistic, and could be applied in many professional settings.” - SETS Participant
“Thanks so much… I've been doing this blind for so long and I feel like you gave me my eyes!!” - SETS Participant
Youth Competency Training
In Nashville, the PG-13 Players write skits that tackle tough issues and engage the audience in conversation. These performances seek to help youth explore options and help skills needed to deal with real-life situations. For parents and professionals, these performances help develop skills in their communication and understanding of issues today’s youth face.
“Thank you so much for bringing the PG-13 Players. The medical students in attendance clearly got a lot out of the presentation and the role plays.” - Professor
“Loved the training! Very beneficial to hear the teen point-of-view!”
- Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Victim Advocate