Professionals can take advantage of community workshops sponsored throughout the year, in-service sessions designed to meet an organization's specific training needs, or one-on-one consultations.
For more information or to arrange a training event for your group, please call PPMET's Education and Training Department.
Nashville area: 615.345.0952
Knoxville area: 865.231.9694
“I feel more empowered as a facilitator” - Professional Training Participant
“Excellent information provided in an engaging way. Great Educator!" - Conference Attendee
Sexuality Education Training Series (SETS)
*Spring 2016 SETS registration is OPEN! Click here to register online now.*
This intensive 3.5 day course will equip professionals with the knowledge, skills, and comfort needed to empower students and clients in informed sexual health decision making.
Utilizing hands-on practical experience, discussion, and topical lecture, participants will leave equipped to address tough sexual health topics. Participants will:
- Learn best practices for facilitating sexual health discussions (values/philosophy, language, activities, and boundary setting)
- Experience practical tools for facilitating group discussions, education sessions, and decision-making processes
- Gain up-to-date sexual health knowledge
- Enhance sensitivity to diverse perspectives on sexuality and relationship
- Practice handling controversial topics
- Gain tools for creating safe spaces for your students/clients
- Expand knowledge of community resources
“I would recommend this training for anyone! The training was holistic, and could be applied in many professional settings.” - SETS Participant
“Thanks so much… I've been doing this blind for so long and I feel like you gave me my eyes!!” - SETS Participant
Youth Competency Training
In Nashville, the PG-13 Players write skits that tackle tough issues and engage the audience in conversation. These performances seek to help youth explore options and help skills needed to deal with real-life situations. For parents and professionals, these performances help develop skills in their communication and understanding of issues today’s youth face.
“Thank you so much for bringing the PG-13 Players. The medical students in attendance clearly got a lot out of the presentation and the role plays.” - Professor
“Loved the training! Very beneficial to hear the teen point-of-view!”
- Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Victim Advocate