This position is responsible for all billing of patient services across the affiliate. This is a complicated and involved position that must adhere to various government and payer regulations as well as Title X grant and Article 28 regulations. The individual must have an in-depth knowledge of insurance claims processing procedures, Medicare and Medicaid rules and regulations, patient privacy laws and rights, and debt collection laws and rules. This individual must also be familiar with medical terminology, medical coding, and medical databases. The individual is responsible for designing, implementing, auditing, and enforcing policies and procedures, as well as streamlining effective billing processes and financial issues.
With the direction from the Director of Revenue Cycle and the CFO, this position is responsible for leading and planning the billing operations and educating the clinical staff with revenue cycle related functions. This position is a member of the Revenue Cycle Committee, Corporate Compliance Committee and Risk Management Committee, and supports Health Information Management by conducting ongoing audits and monitors coding, billing and documentation practices to assure accuracy, accountability and compliance with PPMHV policies and governmental regulations.
Experience, Education and Licensure
- Independent judgment in investigation and preparation of documents.
- Working knowledge of information systems and technology in healthcare.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years management experience required
- Minimum of 5 years billing experience in a medical environment required; 1 year plus in a GYN environment preferred
- Previous training experience required
- Medical billing and coding certification preferred
- Own transportation is required, with a valid driver’s license, inspection, registration and adequate insurance
This is a full time (37.5 hours) exempt position located in Poughkeepsie. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will have to travel to other work locations at various times.
If you believe that you have the experience and qualifications for this position, and would like to be considered, please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
The position is posted both internally and externally.
Planned Parenthood® Mid-Hudson Valley is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply.