The Director, Individual Giving and Donor Engagement (Director) is an essential position designed to strengthen Planned Parenthood of the Mid-Hudson Valley’s fundraising “pipeline” for both annual and campaign support. The Director will have a strong knowledge of the Hudson Valley philanthropic community and will work closely with colleagues to advance relationships with current donors and identify, cultivate and solicit new prospects in order to meet the Department’s annual revenue goal.
Essential Functions: include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors to achieve all income goals for individual giving
- Directly manage a portfolio of individual donors and prospects
- Network in the community to identify new major gift prospects
- Provide guidance on annual fund campaign strategy through direct mail and digital fundraising
- Ensure personalized and efficient communication to all donors and prospects
- Work with the AD, Development, to secure individual and organizational sponsorships for fundraising events and strategize invite lists
- Develop and monitor annual expense budget and revenue projections for individual giving
- Provide strategy and support to CEO and CDO on VIP donor cultivation and giving, including creation of individual giving plans and strategies and meeting preparation and/or participation
- Provide support to the Chief Development Officer with the Regional Development Advisory Councils, Development Committee of the Board of Directors, and Campaign Cabinet, when appropriate
- Liaise with Public Affairs, Education, Finance and other departments on various projects that intersect with development fundraising
- Develop and maintain a schedule of face-to-face solicitation/stewardship meetings
- Collaborate with Development staff and the President/CEO to identify current donors with the capacity to increase their support
- Ability to effectively manage up, down and across all levels of the organization, with direct supervision of the Associate Director, Development and active mentorship of the AD and Database Specialist
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategies into action plans and results
- Bachelor’s Degree
Certificates, licenses and registrations:
- Valid New York State Driver’s License and reliable vehicle required
This is a full time exempt position located in Poughkeepsie.
Please send a resume to support and give a clearer picture to the hiring manager of your past and present accomplishments. You may also submit a cover letter with your resume to further describe your experience. All documents should be forwarded to jobs @ppmhv.org to be considered for this position.
The position will be posted both internally and externally.
Planned Parenthood® Mid-Hudson Valley is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply.